As a partner in the worldwide Anglican Communion and in the universal Church, we proclaim and celebrate the gospel of Jesus Christ in worship and action. We value our heritage of biblical faith, reason, liturgy, tradition, bishops and synods, and the rich variety of our life in community.
We acknowledge that God is calling us to greater diversity of membership, wider participation in ministry and leadership, better stewardship in God’s creation and a stronger resolve in challenging attitudes and structures that cause injustice.
Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to respond to this call in love and service and so more fully live the life of Christ.
The Anglican Church of Canada does not define its doctrine in a single confession. Our beliefs are articulated in our liturgies, as well as in these selected statements:
Five Marks of Mission:
1. To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
2. To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
3. To respond to human need by loving service
4. To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind
and to pursue peace and reconciliation
5. To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
The Church of St. Bartholomew
718 Cathcart Blvd
Sarnia, ON N7V 2N5
Church Office Hours
8:45 am-12:45 pm
Email Fr Raymond Hodgson
Email the Church Office